To design the cover and inside layout of a new paperback book by author Andrew Foy.
- To appeal to specialist construction subcontractors, to dispel the many myths and misconceptions that surround ISO certification
- It needed to have an element of humour, and to stand out from the more dry ‘text-book’ style books already out there on this subject
- Sourced several illustrators for Andrew to choose from for the cartoons within the book
- Set up and liaised with Lightning Source (on-demand printing solution for self-publishers)
- Also created a Kindle version
Result (cover design)
Example inside spread
"Karen really made the process of getting published so simple for me. Her previous experience meant I was in totally safe hands and I just concentrated on writing my book whilst Karen did everything else – and I mean everything! She advised on size, pages, layout; designed front and back covers; took my doodles and turned them into superb graphics; suggested illustrators; liaised with the publisher; organised a sample; advertised it on my website; made the link to a distributor; and generally explained things to me when I (frequently) got confused. I could not have been more pleased or impressed and I have had nothing but excellent feedback about the look and feel of the book."
Andrew Foy, Foy Certification Ltd