Not Just a Tick in a Box
To design the cover and inside layout of a new paperback book by author Andrew Foy.
- To appeal to specialist construction subcontractors, to dispel the many myths and misconceptions that surround ISO certification
- It needed to have an element of humour, and to stand out from the more dry ‘text-book’ style books already out there on this subject
- Sourced several illustrators for Andrew to choose from for the cartoons within the book
- Set up and liaised with Lightning Source (on-demand printing solution for self-publishers)
- Also created a Kindle version
Result (cover design)
Example inside spread
"Karen really made the process of getting published so simple for me. Her previous experience meant I was in totally safe hands and I just concentrated on writing my book whilst Karen did everything else – and I mean everything! She advised on size, pages, layout; designed front and back covers; took my doodles and turned them into superb graphics; suggested illustrators; liaised with the publisher; organised a sample; advertised it on my website; made the link to a distributor; and generally explained things to me when I (frequently) got confused. I could not have been more pleased or impressed and I have had nothing but excellent feedback about the look and feel of the book."
Andrew Foy, Foy Certification Ltd
Camstay – Business Cards
- The business cards designed around the new branding and logo
- They were printed with a spot UV varnish applied to the logo on the back of the cards
“Karen understood our requirements immediately, and in no time had designed our website. The end result exceeded our expectations — a clean, fresh and professional design which has received very positive feedback.”
Chris Lane, Camstay
Claire Foy Personal Trainer
To design a set of marketing materials, including posters (A1 and A4), leaflets and compliment slips.
- Clear, well laid out, attractive to both men and women.
- Professional and sporty looking.
- Interest them into asking for more information or booking an appointment.
Result (Tri-fold leaflet)
“Thanks — for not only being a lovely, easy-going, accommodating designer but an intelligent, consistent one too!”
Claire Foy, Personal Trainer
Detox Your World Labels
To create a new design for product labels, based on Detox Your World’s existing branding.
“Thank you for all your design expertise, professionalism, and speedy turnaround. It doesn’t matter what we throw at you, you get it done perfectly and on time.”
Shazzie, Managing Director
Detox Your World Brochure
To design a wholesale ‘superfoods’ brochure in time for the Natural & Organic Fair at Olympia.
- A business to business brochure, using the same branding and logo, but more ‘professional’ and a bit different from the ‘standard’.
- The final brochure was turned around in super-quick time, as a 20x20cm square format.
- Each spread depicts a large close up product image overlaid with the relevant price list.
Just wanted to say again that I think the brochure is beautiful. It really is the modern version of the DYW style I was looking for. I like it Karen, thanks a lot!
Jesse van der Velde, Detox Your World
To design a brochure to complete the range of product-specific corporate literature
- To follow the corporate identity guidelines and style of existing brochures
- Source relevant stock photography
- Produce product workflow diagrams in the corporate style
- Collaborate with marketing and product managers on copy requirements